Monday, May 20, 2013

pi2go

Well you asked for it (or maybe you didnt): My work to date on the RPi car computer, dubbed "pi2go."
Lots of pictures this time:
Figure 1
Figure 1 above displays the main screen, almost like a splash screen. I see an eventual clock going in the blank space on the right. (Will fix the scroll bars...bottom of todo list.) Pressing the tabs on the top bring the other pages. Pressing the "OBDII" tab bring the tab depicted below in Figure 2.
Figure 2
This window in Figure 2 will display a few stats from the OBD sensor. Right now all I have listed is an RPM meter. This is so I can solve one problem at a time working with a new/no-longer-updated library. Currently the button in the bottom right starts the OBD protocol. I am thinking of nixing that in a future release and having it auto start.
Figure 3
Figure 3 above shows the next tab "Car." As of this moment only 2 buttons exist "Fog Lights" and "Accent Lights." These currently toggle the mentioned lights.

The next tab shows "Settings" which right now is empty. The current plan is to display BT and scanning options for the OBDII sensor.

My OBDII sensor comes in Wednesday......Then I can really begin testing. Right now I'm kinda programming blind.

#TODO
- Add welcome screen extras
- Incorporate more OBDII readings
- Use settings tab
- Music option (Left out until OBD is working correctly)

**For those that care
In python2.7 w/QT4 utilizing pyuic4 and Qt Designer all for RPi

- Follow the project here
   - Or right literally here (This blog )

No comments:

Post a Comment