Friday, June 28, 2013

OpenCV Vision of the future!!

Its been awhile since I made a post, so I will make a few updates
 - pi2go Is working even fixed that pesky GUI not updating issue with a Qthread.
 - pi2go also has its very own 7in screen I have yet to mount. (Ill do a post with updates soon.)

- Halo is now open source!! Yeah, I know its kind of old news but im loving the functionality.

But now its time to describe my latest project and why I havent been around for awhile: OpenCV.

In what else but Python --->> but eventually MATLAB for Simulink reasons.

OpenCV is "Open Computer Vision." The idea behind this is to make most computer vision tasks as easy as possible to complete. So what am I doing with it? I'm trying to integrate object avoidance with stereo vision. So far I have managed to make a disparity map using 2 uncalibrated images.

You really cant see to much relation yet between the 2 figures.

Figure 1

Figure 2

Figure 1 the disparity map shows that close objects as black and farther objects as white, basically the depth of the image using. In order to get a clear image the camera needs to be calibrated. From this map I would like to be able to pick out individual objects that are extremely close by.


I have been testing with 2 close images taken from my nexus 4....sooooo not too accurate. Once I get the stereo vision up/working and calibrated These images will be much better. Stay tuned!!!

**For those that care
OpenCV 4.5.2 ~cv2 , Python2.7, scipy

No comments:

Post a Comment